Occupational Health, Safety & Environment Policy
The management team at Vista Visuals Australia Pty Ltd are committed to the wellbeing of our people and the protection and care of the environment.
The safety and health of people and the safety and care of the Environment are front of mind as we conduct our business and interact with our customers, suppliers and surroundings. We believe that everyone has a role to play in safeguarding people and the environment from harm.
To meet our Health, Safety & Environment objectives, we will:
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Set, review & evaluate measurable objectives & targets and strive for continuous improvement.
- Clearly define responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Identify, assess and manage our Health, Safety & Environment risks.
- Provide appropriate Health, Safety & Environment training.
- Implement and continuously improve a Health, Safety & Environment Management System
- Comply with statutory requirements, codes, standards and guidelines as appropriate for our business.
- Set objectives and targets with the aim of eliminating incidents in relation to our activities, products and services.
- Define roles and responsibilities for Health, Safety & the Environment
- Ensure that Health Safety & Environment management principles are included in all organisational planning activities.
Management is committed to supporting high standards of health & safety, performance and the continual improvement of behaviours and processes.
Sustainable Packaging Policy
Vista Visuals Australia is committed to reducing our environmental impact. As a member of the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) we commit to achieve sustainable packaging outcomes and to work with our suppliers and customers to achieve this goal.
Sustainable packaging should reduce environmental impact, use resources efficiently and minimise packaging that goes to landfill, while still ensuring the packaging protects the product during shipment. This policy sets business expectations to support the use and selection of sustainable packaging for the Vista Visuals supply chain.
Design/Fit for purpose
The Sustainable Packaging Guidelines (SPG) from APCO define sustainable packaging as fit for purpose, resource efficient, made from low impact materials, and reusable or recyclable. Vista Visuals is committed to applying these guidelines to all product packaging to achieve the following:
- Minimising the amount of material used for packaging
- Maximising the amount of renewable/recyclable materials
- Using sustainable pine timbers for palletising
- Using recyclable plastics for product packaging
- Optimising packaging for handling, transport & logistics
- Clearly communicating with our customers that the packaging can be re-used or recycled as appropriate.
The fragile and oversized nature of our Vista products means consideration needs to ‘be taken to special packaging that not only allows the product to arrive at a customers location in perfect condition, but also that we minimise the packaging or allow the customer to reuse or recycle this packaging. This policy provides the guidelines for this consideration to be applied within Vista Visuals at all levels.
Click here to view the Vista Visuals Australia Australian Packaging Covenant Annual Report & Action Plan for 2019
Click here to view the Vista Visuals Australia Australian Packaging Covenant Performance Summary for 2019